Saturday, June 19, 2010

Golmaal Returns a New planned move for Kareena

kareena kapoorkareena kapoor
kareena kapoor
Bollywood star Kareena Kapoor says she signed “Golmaal Returns” to have some fun and plays a “loud, colourful” woman, a role she hasn’t done before.

“‘Golmaal Returns’ was a planned move in my career. I’ve done films with an ensemble cast before like ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham’ and ‘Omkara’. But none that was so much fun,” Kareena told IANS.

Kareena’s role in the film is highly influenced by television tsarina Ekta Kapoor‘s soaps.

“I play Tusshar’s (Kapoor) sister and my name is Ekta and I only watch Balaji (Telefilms) serials the whole day. I play this suspicious housewife who keeps tabs on her husband’s movements all day long just because she sees women in soaps behaving that way,” the actress explained.

She added: “It’s a loud, colourful role. I’ve never done it before. Audiences are going to come out of ‘Golmaal Returns’ feeling very happy. I don’t want to restrict myself to serious cinema. I’d also like to do fun roles.”

But her role of the suspicious and jealous housewife addicted to Saas-Bahu serials turned out to be the one with the maximum glam quotient.

After the promotional theme track with the entire cast, Kareena shot a whole item number “Saala tu to kaam se gaya” by herself.

She later shot another item song “Meeow”. Initially this number was planned only for the promotional campaign, but now it may be used in the end titles.

Said music director Pritam: “What you’ve heard is right… Both the item songs with Kareena were planned from the outset. The ‘Meeow’ number was meant to go with the end titles.”

He added: “Composing songs for Kareena to perform on screen is a big high for any composer. The turning point in my career were the songs for Kareena in ‘Jab We Met’. I composed one item number for Kareena recently in ‘Billoo Barber’ and now two in ‘Golmaal Returns’.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment